At Al-Zahraa Hospital University Medical Center (ZHUMC), we aspire to provide the best comprehensive and compassionate care to patients through integrated clinical practice, education and research, regardless of background, status or any differences.
As nurses, our every task is guided by knowledge, enabled by skill, and motivated by compassion. Patients are our primary focus, and the way we deliver care clearly reflects this. We believe in creating a healing environment, an environment that is safe, that has no barriers, and that is built on a spirit of inquiry, and above all an environment that reflects a diverse, inclusive, and culturally competent workforce representative of the patient-focused values of this institution.
Our chief director works in close collaboration with the hospital management and medical administration to ensure the delivery of a safe, effective and patient-focused service throughout the hospital.
Our nurses are qualified through licensure, demonstrated competence, and a commitment to professional development through lifelong learning. They receive ongoing training and undergo systematic and regular appraisal using a variety of Staff Development and Performance Improvement Methods.
- To be a leader among hospitals by inspiring hope and contributing to the health and well-being of the individuals and communities we serve.
- To attract and recruit top-caliber and highly skilled staff.
- To train the next generation of nurses by fostering a culture of research and innovation.
We are committed to the values of our hospital. As nurses, we strive towards our vision while we hold the responsibility to ensure the following priorities:
- Safety of our patients;
- Compassionate care for our patients and their families;
- Patient-centric care by putting the needs of our patients and their families’ first;
- Highest quality service and dedicated effort by every team member to reach the best outcomes;
- Constant advancement and innovation while always seeking more efficient ways to achieve our goals.
The scope of our nursing service is to achieve the most favorable results, meeting all patient needs in nursing care, knowledge and expertise. It also includes the following:
- Alleviation of suffering through diagnosis and treatment;
- Promotion of health and optimization of abilities;
- Prevention of illnesses and injuries;
- Facilitation of healing;
- And advocacy in the care of individuals, their families and the community at large.