As a hospital patient, you have the right to:
- Receive safe and equitable care regardless of any considerations.
- Receive high quality nursing care and high level service.
- Accept or reject treatment to the extent permitted by the Lebanese law.
- Approve or refuse to participate in research studies to the extent permitted by the Lebanese law.
- Benefit from all available services within the hospital and access information on the approximate fees for your hospitalization.
- Know the names and specialties of your attending doctors and health care professionals.
- Be informed of your health status and the results of your tests by your doctor and be involved in your treatment plan.
- Give consent to any medical or surgical treatment after obtaining adequate explanations from the attending physician about potential benefits, risks and alternative treatments.
- Receive answers to all your inquiries and obtain the necessary instructions during your stay in the hospital and upon your departure.
- Assess the level of your pain and receive appropriate treatment to relieve it.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality regarding your health and medical records.
- Identify family members or others who are allowed access to your health status.
- Obtain a copy of the results of your medical examinations.
- Express your opinion on the quality of services provided within the hospital.
As a hospital patient, you have the responsibility to:
- Inform your doctor/nurse about your medical history, past surgeries, health problems, allergies to any medicine or food, and report the medications you are currently taking.
- Inform your attending doctor/ doctor on call/ or nurse immediately of any health emergency that might occur during your stay in the hospital.
- Strictly abide by the healthcare rules and regulations set by the hospital.
- Adhere to the treatment plan agreed upon by the treating medical team, and accept the consequences of rejecting or not abiding by your treatment plan.
- Refrain from smoking inside the hospital.
- Respect the rules and allocated times for visits, and help hospital staff maintain a calm and non-crowded environment.
- Respect the privacy of other patients and avoid roaming between rooms and hospital sections.
- Assist the hospital staff in maintaining a healthy, clean and safe environment.
- Safeguard your personal property and request any assistance needed in this regard.
- Inform your doctor or nursing team of any complaints or suggestions.
- Obtain guarantor’s approval for hospital admission, extension of stay, or medical procedures if necessary, and follow up on the settlement of all financial dues.