The Pharmacy at ZHUMC is a clinical department with a main function to control all the steps in the drug cycle management by ensuring high quality services including: Selecting, Purchasing, Receiving, Storing, Dispensing and Controlling stocking areas in the hospital. Its responsibility is to guarantee the right medication for the right patient at the right time with the right dose and by the right route of administration.
- Ensure the availability of medicines to all in-patients through an effective, uninterrupted, and safe system
- Ensure availability of brand-name medicines as well as generic medicines recognized by their manufacturing sources and having MOPH approval
- Control security and safety of drugs storage throughout the hospital
- Monitor and analyze medication-related adverse events
- Assist in controlling antimicrobial utilization in accordance with guidelines and hospital policies
- Manage the clinical pharmacists’ activities through an interdisciplinary approach to intercept preventable medication adverse events and medication therapy monitoring and assessment.
- Supervise the chemotherapy preparations to ensure they are done with the highest standards of aseptic techniques and safety, in a timely manner
- Provide medication counseling to medical staff and nursing staff
- Participate in the continuous education and inpatient education programs
- Participate in the pharmaceutical and clinical researches conducted in the hospital
Message From The Chair
The Pharmacy has a mission to meet the needs of our patients and ensure the provision of pharmacy services to all clinical units in the hospital following the highest quality and safety measures. It also provides professionals and trainees with medical information and drug utilization safety.
Lina Faraj, Doctor of Pharmacy
Tel: 00961-1-851040 Ext: 3186-3187