At Al-Zahraa Hospital University Medical Center (ZHUMC), we care about the overall wellness of our patients through providing optimal health, conducting dietary assessment, as well as offering dietary consultations to our patients according to their medical needs and in line with international standards and requirements.
We work on promoting a healthy lifestyle with the help of our licensed dieticians: Lama Hammoud, Maya Yassine, Angele Abdallah, and Maya Ibrahim.
- Our licensed dieticians at ZHUMC assess, diagnose and manage nutrition problems at both the individual and the community levels.
- Our team conducts studies designed to help with the prevention and management of food related diseases.
- Our licensed dieticians at ZHUMC simplify information into practical guidelines to enable patients to make appropriate choices according to their medical needs.
- In our central kitchen, we prepare meals for patients based on international dietary guidelines and HACCP standards to ensure high quality, hygienic and nutritive food. Some of our available diets are listed below:
- Regular diet
- Low-fat diet
- Low-salt diet
- Diabetic diet
- Uremic diet
- Gastric diet
- Clear fluid diet
- Full fluid diet
- Tube feeding diet
- G6PD diet
- Neutropenic diet
- Upon discharge, our licensed dieticians at ZHUMC give patients full knowledge about the diet they should be following at home with written instructions about the type of diet, the number of calories, the serving size, and other guidelines.
- We also provide private dietary consultations in our outpatient clinics, using advanced equipment and machines.
The Dietetic Internship Program at ZHUMC is a 6-month supervised practice for post-bachelor degree students from different universities. It aims at preparing them for entry into the dietetic profession and equips them with the proper tools to pass the National Colloquium Examination by the Ministry of Higher Education (MEHE). Dietetic interns complete rotations in three different areas: Clinical Nutrition, Food Service Management and Community Nutrition.
- Earned bachelor degree in nutrition and dietetics from any affiliated university.
- A GPA of 3.00 and above.
- Recommendation letter from the university internship coordinator.
Program goals and outcomes:
- Offer interns a rigorous and clinically advanced training, allowing them to provide nutrition therapy to patients
- Prepare interns to become skillful entry-level dietitians
- Perform the nutrition care process and practice standardized nutrition language
- Demonstrate counseling and communication skills suitable for entry in pre-professional practice
- Successfully manage food service institutions and apply principles of food safety
- Implement activities related to public policy and health care systems
Message From The Chair
We care about the wellness of our patients by providing optimal health, conducting dietary assessment as well as offering dietary consultations to our patients, according to their medical case, and based on international standards and requirements.
We care about changing unhealthy behaviors into healthy life choices, given by our licensed dieticians; Lama Hammoud, Maya Yassine, Angele Abdallah, Maya Ibrahim.
Head of Department
Tel: 00961-1-851040 Ext: 3169